Forum Rory Gallagher
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
-20%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Gigabyte Ecran PC Gamer 27″ LED M27Q (rev2.0) + Radeon RX 6950 ...
749 € 939 €
Voir le deal

Rééditions 2012 (Sony Legacy)

+8
milo1955
marcel
Sgt. Pepper
Emi
Tiger
Garbage Man
The Dude
Chino
12 participants

Page 3 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant

Rééditions 2012 (Sony Legacy) - Page 3 Empty Re: Rééditions 2012 (Sony Legacy)

Message par milo1955 Lun 30 Jan 2012, 00:36

I've been reading the posts on this subject with great interest. My own vinyl versions of these albums are showing the inevitable signs of wear and tear, and I am anxiously awaiting the release of these new vinyls. I am glad to hear that they are using the original mixes. Hopefully it will be as I remembered them, without the crackle, pop, and hiss of course!

milo1955

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par Chino Lun 30 Jan 2012, 06:29

milo1955 a écrit:I've been reading the posts on this subject with great interest. My own vinyl versions of these albums are showing the inevitable signs of wear and tear, and I am anxiously awaiting the release of these new vinyls. I am glad to hear that they are using the original mixes. Hopefully it will be as I remembered them, without the crackle, pop, and hiss of course!
Hi Milo, I bought the 3 of the 6 CD 2012 reeditions, but I haven't compared with the previous CD versions yet (whether remastered or non remastered CD versions).

Concerning the LPs, I've got several LP versions for each album, so I'll try to compare as well (but my turntable is a bit tired!).

Anyways, the vinyls won't be released before the 20th of february. Wink
Chino
Chino
Admin

https://rory-gallagher.forumactif.org

Message par milo1955 Lun 30 Jan 2012, 10:53

I will probably buy the CD's as well. I'm told they used the original Polydor mixes and didn't pump the volume up when remastering. Those are two things that irritated me about previous re-releases. I'm also glad they deleted "Persuasion" from the Deuce album. I like the song, but it is a SF recording and belongs there. "Crest of a Wave" is the perfect ending of a perfect album.
milo1955
milo1955

Message par Chino Lun 30 Jan 2012, 11:55

milo1955 a écrit:I will probably buy the CD's as well. I'm told they used the original Polydor mixes and didn't pump the volume up when remastering. Those are two things that irritated me about previous re-releases. I'm also glad they deleted "Persuasion" from the Deuce album. I like the song, but it is a SF recording and belongs there. "Crest of a Wave" is the perfect ending of a perfect album.
Totally agree with you Milo: I have all the 1999-2000 remasters (by Tony Arnold), and I don't like them very much, although there are interesting bonus tracks. I didn't like the modification of the covers, the modifications on some tracklist (like on Deuce, with I'm Not Awake Net instead of Used To Be top open the album, or, worst, the suppression of Just A Little Bit on the IT 74 remaster).

I didn't like the remastering either (and sometimes the remixing process), with big sound. So I listened either the LPs, or the first CD editions, especially the japanese pressings.
By the way, it's really strange Persuasion was at first on the 1999 Deuce remaster whereas it comes from the SF sessions... stone

And it's difficult to understand why there are once again new remasters (3rd wave!) but they seem better than the previous ones. I'm going to listen them carefully very soon! Wink

And regarding the LP's they will be audiophile press, and not a digital press on vinyl as it was on the vinyl repress of Live In Europe (released in 2007 on Sony/Bmg if my memory is good).
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par milo1955 Lun 30 Jan 2012, 16:58

Yes, It is unfortunate that these releases come so soon after the EagleRock releases. Unfortunately, record labels still look at the world as separate markets. Sony was doing very little to promote Rory's in the Americas so Donal gave the rights to the American market to EagleRock and let them re-release the catalogue there. Sony still has the Euro-Asian market so when they finally wanted to do something with the catalogue, Daniel talked them into using the old mixes. So in the end the American market came out on the losing end I think, but that serves us right for not supporting Rory as well as you guys did!
milo1955
milo1955

Message par Chino Lun 30 Jan 2012, 19:11

milo1955 a écrit:Yes, It is unfortunate that these releases come so soon after the EagleRock releases. Unfortunately, record labels still look at the world as separate markets. Sony was doing very little to promote Rory's in the Americas so Donal gave the rights to the American market to EagleRock and let them re-release the catalogue there. Sony still has the Euro-Asian market so when they finally wanted to do something with the catalogue, Daniel talked them into using the old mixes. So in the end the American market came out on the losing end I think, but that serves us right for not supporting Rory as well as you guys did!
Thanks for those precisions Milo, very interesting. jap You live in USA?

By the way, I put you avatar, hope you'll enjoy it (but you can change it if you want!). Wink
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par Chino Mar 31 Jan 2012, 10:45

Tony Clayton-Lea, auteur de l'ouvrage 101 Irish Records You Must Listen To Before YOu Die évoque sur la radio irlandaise RTE les rééditions des 6 premiers albums solos de Rory Gallagher.

C'est à écouter ici:

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/arena/archive1/2012/0112/arena_av.html?3166923,null,209
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par milo1955 Mar 31 Jan 2012, 13:33

How was the interview of Rony Clayton-Lea? I don't have or want Real Player on my computer so I wasn't able to listen to the interview. Thanks for the avatar but I've gone ahead and uploaded my old shadowplays avatar.
milo1955
milo1955

Message par Chino Mar 31 Jan 2012, 17:05

milo1955 a écrit:How was the interview of Rony Clayton-Lea? I don't have or want Real Player on my computer so I wasn't able to listen to the interview. Thanks for the avatar but I've gone ahead and uploaded my old shadowplays avatar.
I hadn't listened to the itw yet (I'm very busy at the moment!).

Un membre pourrait-il capturer le streaming et mettre un lien?

Regarding the avatar, no problem, yours is great! super
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par milo1955 Jeu 02 Fév 2012, 01:21

Yes, if anyone could capture the stream and convert it to a different audio format I'd appreciate it. By the way, I did a small little news item on the Sony release for the new e-zine Rock Cellar. Nothing you don't already know. -- Milo
milo1955
milo1955

Message par Chino Jeu 02 Fév 2012, 06:29

Very interesting article Mo, thanks. Wink

I'll try to capture the stream very soon.
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par Chino Ven 03 Fév 2012, 17:58

Mes 3 premiers achats:

Rééditions 2012 (Sony Legacy) - Page 3 Dscn3910
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par Garbage Man Ven 03 Fév 2012, 18:02

Ah oui ils sont jolis ces digipacks ! impec
Garbage Man
Garbage Man

http://cradle-rock.blogspot.com/

Message par Chino Sam 04 Fév 2012, 06:27

A l'occasion de la sortie des remasters SONY des 6 premiers albums solos de Rory Gallagher, Gerry McAvoy évoque évoque ses souvenirs dans le N040 du magazine "Rolling Stone" (p12):
Rééditions 2012 (Sony Legacy) - Page 3 RS40_0001-2d63c

Rééditions 2012 (Sony Legacy) - Page 3 Image177
Rééditions 2012 (Sony Legacy) - Page 3 Image212
Rééditions 2012 (Sony Legacy) - Page 3 Image213Rééditions 2012 (Sony Legacy) - Page 3 Image215
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par Garbage Man Lun 13 Fév 2012, 15:36

Garbage Man
Garbage Man

Message par Chino Lun 13 Fév 2012, 16:08

Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par Garbage Man Mer 15 Fév 2012, 16:46

milo1955 a écrit:Yes, if anyone could capture the stream and convert it to a different audio format I'd appreciate it. By the way, I did a small little news item on the Sony release for the new e-zine Rock Cellar. Nothing you don't already know. -- Milo

The same interview but much longer by Milo:

http://shadowplays.com/blog/?p=2176

Garbage Man
Garbage Man

Message par Chino Jeu 16 Fév 2012, 09:01

Une interview très intéressante, thanks Milo! bravo
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par JLo Sam 18 Fév 2012, 18:59

Chino a écrit:J'ai craqué, je viens d'acheter 3 des 6 rééditions ( Embarassed ):

- Live In Europe;
- Tattoo;
- Irish Tour '74

Vous aurez des photos lundi. Wink

Je ne les ai pas encore écoutés, il faudra comparer avec les versions antérieures, mais voici mes premières remarques:

- Prix: le prix est raisonnable, j'ai payé chaque disque 11,99€ en magasin (et on les trouve à moins cher sur le net). Un bon point donc, même si pour ceux qui ont acheté les réeds 2011 d'Eagle Records, ça doit être un peu dur à avaler...

CHINO je voudrai communiquer ici l'adresse de mon disquaire favori à Nice et de son site internet.
Je précise que j'ai eu son accord cet après-midi.

mitraillette mitraillette je dois attendre 7 jours pour poster mon lien re mitraillette mitraillette

Pour info : les 6 digipacks sont à 9,99€ en magasin et 9,50€ sur leur site.
On peut aussi passer commande par téléphone, ils sont super sympas et super relax : je veux parler de Fifi et Ludo.

Perso : j'ai racheté Irish Tour '74 pour avoir la version originale même si la pochette ne m'emballait pas trop.

A ce propos j’attends avec impatience tes commentaires éclairés sur la qualité du remastering siffle
JLo
JLo

Message par Garbage Man Sam 18 Fév 2012, 19:02

Envoie le moi par MP Wink
Garbage Man
Garbage Man

Message par JLo Sam 18 Fév 2012, 22:28

Doit attendre encore 4 jours pour poster un lien : ça doit être une sorte de bizutage pour les "petits" nouveaux Suspect

Mais tapes simplement HIT IMPORT (à Nice même pas nécessaire) dans ta barre d’adresses GOOGLE et le tour sera joué impec

Cette fois-ci je vais faire Sleep
JLo
JLo

Message par JOEY Dim 19 Fév 2012, 08:38

jean-louis a écrit:
Chino a écrit:J'ai craqué, je viens d'acheter 3 des 6 rééditions ( Embarassed ):

- Live In Europe;
- Tattoo;
- Irish Tour '74

Je ne les ai pas encore écoutés, il faudra comparer avec les versions antérieures, mais voici mes premières remarques:

- Prix: le prix est raisonnable, j'ai payé chaque disque 11,99€ en magasin (et on les trouve à moins cher sur le net). Un bon point donc, même si pour ceux qui ont acheté les réeds 2011 d'Eagle Records, ça doit être un peu dur à avaler...

CHINO je voudrai communiquer ici l'adresse de mon disquaire favori à Nice et de son site internet.

mitraillette mitraillette je dois attendre 7 jours pour poster mon lien re mitraillette mitraillette

On peut aussi passer commande par téléphone, ils sont super sympas et super relax : je veux parler de Fifi et Ludo.

Perso : j'ai racheté Irish Tour '74 pour avoir la version originale même si la pochette ne m'emballait pas trop.

A ce propos j’attends avec impatience tes commentaires éclairés sur la qualité du remastering siffle
Ludo est un vrai fana de Blues et un puits de culture sans fond .
cette petite boutique mérite effectivement un peu de pub au vu de la résistance qu'ils font depuis des années avec l'émergence des téléchargement sur internet.
Bien vu Jean Louis.
JOEY
JOEY

Message par Emi Dim 19 Fév 2012, 10:01

Mais maintenant je pense à un truc... Les rééditions par Eagle dans quelques temps ... Elles vont valoir une fortune ! Vu qu'elles ont été éphémères! Non...?

Message par Chino Dim 19 Fév 2012, 14:53

JOEY a écrit:
jean-louis a écrit:

- Live In Europe;
- Tattoo;
- Irish Tour '74

Ludo est un vrai fana de Blues et un puits de culture sans fond .
cette petite boutique mérite effectivement un peu de pub au vu de la résistance qu'ils font depuis des années avec l'émergence des téléchargement sur internet.
Bien vu Jean Louis.

Metteez le lien les mecs, on va faire un peu de pub! Wink
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par JLo Dim 19 Fév 2012, 17:17

CHINO : voilà la réponse que je reçois chaque fois que vous demandez d'essayer shit

Les nouveaux membres ne sont pas autorisés à poster de liens externes ou des emails pendant 7 jours. Veuillez contacter l’administrateur du forum pour plus d’informations.

Donc svp arrêtez de me demander de poster ce lien car je vais devenir complètement ouf

Message par JOEY Dim 19 Fév 2012, 18:35

JOEY
JOEY

Message par Contenu sponsorisé

Contenu sponsorisé

Page 3 sur 5 Précédent  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Suivant