Forum Rory Gallagher
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -29%
PC portable Gamer ERAZER DEPUTY P60 – ...
Voir le deal
999.99 €

Peter Collins

Peter Collins Empty Peter Collins

Message par Chino Mer 08 Fév 2012, 06:59

Suite au décès de Peter Collins, tour manager du RGB à partir de al fin des seventies, un message de Daniel Gallagher:

It is with sad regret that I learnt of the passing of Peter Collins, a great friend who in the late '70s / early 80s was a 'personal' road-manager to Rory and his band.

I first got to know Peter who worked as a travel agent, at Relionus Travel, later Hep Travel, in London. Needless to say, Peter and his company where an invaluable, integratabtle part of the R.G. touring machine, in a time before the Internet.
As Rory's International status grew, we required more personnel to deal with the complexities of 'life on the road', as the 'outfit' had gained the title as the hardest working band on the road and playing to ever bigger audiences and venues . Peter ably took care of all travel arrangements and the personal needs for both band and all support crew. - Peter can be heard announcing Rory and his band on the Stage-Struck album.
A bout of ill health saw Peter leave the 'road', in the early '80s but always enthused about his days touring.
My sincere condolences to Peter's family and my gratitude to Peter's nephew Gary Connor for keeping me informed through Peter's illness, may he rest in peace.

Dónal (Gallagher)

PETER COLLINS, TED MCKENNA & RORY BACKSTAGE:

Peter Collins Nnunw9

Merci à Steve (Roryweb). Wink
Chino
Chino
Admin

https://rory-gallagher.forumactif.org

Revenir en haut Aller en bas