Forum Rory Gallagher
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.
Le Deal du moment : -40%
-40% sur le Pack Gaming Mario PDP Manette filaire + ...
Voir le deal
29.99 €

Hommages à Rory

+23
storm62
Brother_K
stephanooz
Rory72
JLo
Lwood
stormbringer74
The Dude
Tiger
Elly
prettyrose
Emi
Big_Guns
Derek
gedral
Roryfan16
Vox AC30
marcel
JOEY
Garbage Man
Tontonjimi
Chino
Lucie
27 participants

Page 19 sur 20 Précédent  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Suivant

Hommages à Rory - Page 19 Empty Re: Hommages à Rory

Message par Chino Dim 14 Juin 2020, 15:55

Garbage Man a écrit:Hommages à Rory - Page 19 104170228_10217351298911153_2177104784846246249_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_sid=ca434c&_nc_oc=AQlbZfYq8QNziN3HxLp1HRpf1bQdGseUcL8kMzOVEBxSkE9Wnlxhs7Xn_2Bq4s2tY4I&_nc_ht=scontent-cdg2-1

25 ans aujourd'hui...
Bel hommage, et oui, 25 ans déjà... rip

Chino
Admin

https://rory-gallagher.forumactif.org

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

Message par bloomers Lun 15 Juin 2020, 05:40

bloomers
bloomers

Message par Chino Mar 14 Juil 2020, 06:20

Imelda May on Rory Gallagher: "He had blues and soul to the core"

Imelda May shares her reflections on Rory Gallagher's legacy, as part of our special 25th anniversary tribute to the legendary Irish guitarist.
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par Chino Mar 14 Juil 2020, 06:23

Rory Gallagher: Revisiting Niall Stokes' 1995 oration at a special commemoration service in London

On Wednesday November 8, 1995, a Commemoration Service was held at Brompton Oratory in London. The ceremony ended with a tribute, which was delivered by Niall Stokes, editor of Hot Press. This is the full text of what Niall said on what was a sad and moving occasion...
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par JLo Mar 14 Juil 2020, 14:43

Chino a écrit:Imelda May on Rory Gallagher: "He had blues and soul to the core"

Imelda May shares her reflections on Rory Gallagher's legacy, as part of our special 25th anniversary tribute to the legendary Irish guitarist.
Très bel hommage !!! drinks cheers

Message par JLo Mar 14 Juil 2020, 14:50

Message par Garbage Man Mer 15 Juil 2020, 20:11

Hommages à Rory - Page 19 Screen-shot-2020-07-15-at-10-41-07

Steve Van Zant du E Street Band de Bruce Springsteen rend hommage à Rory dans le numéro spécial de Hot Press:

"Rory Gallagher is not a household name in America and that’s a shame. I’m not exactly sure why. He probably couldn’t find a way to come here often enough. And breaking into the American consciousness is never easy. It’s a big fucking place. Fortunately Ireland’s greatest guitar player did just fine everywhere else and is recognized in the rest of the world as the legend that he is. What’s most important to future generations was his unyielding dedication to Blues music. Not just as a player and performer, but as a historian and an educator. In both Country and City Blues, acoustic and electric, he captured the emotional essence of the magical marriage of Ireland meets Africa that became the heart and soul of American music, and made it his own. His contribution to the eternal continuum of Rock in all its forms will inspire Irish kids to follow his righteous path until they find their own. And that’s how our precious, life-affirming Artform will remain protected and forever relevant."

"Rory Gallagher n'est pas un nom familier en Amérique et c'est une honte. Je ne sais pas exactement pourquoi. Il n'a peut être pas trouvé le moyen de venir ici assez souvent. Et rester dans la conscience des américains n'est jamais facile. C'est un putain de grand pays. Heureusement le plus grand guitariste irlandais a mieux réussi partout ailleurs et il est connu dans le reste du monde comme la légende qu'il est. Ce qui est important pour les futures générations c'est son indéfectible dévouement pour le Blues. Pas seulement comme joueur et performer, mais comme historien et éducateur. A la fois dans le country blues et le blues urbain, acoustique et électrique. Il a capturé l'essence émotionnelle du mariage magique de l'Irlande rencontrant l'Afrique, ce qui est devenu le cœur et l'âme de la musique américaine, et il l'a fait sien. Sa contribution à l'éternel continuum du Rock sous toute ses formes inspirera les gamins irlandais à suivre le chemin vertueux qu'il a tracé jusqu'à ce qu'ils trouvent le leur. Et c'est ainsi que notre précieuse forme d'art qui affirme la vie, restera protégée et toujours pertinente."
Garbage Man
Garbage Man

http://cradle-rock.blogspot.com/

Message par Garbage Man Mar 21 Juil 2020, 16:27

Garbage Man
Garbage Man

Message par Garbage Man Sam 30 Jan 2021, 08:56

David Coverdale se remémorant Rory Gallagher:

“Mmm-hmm. Rory, I met him a couple of times, and I opened for him in Taste, with Charlie McCracken on bass. I was in a local band, and we were playing in a club outside of Peterlee. It was in the north of England, in a venue called the Argus Butterfly. It was in the depths of cold – snowy snowbanks everywhere, and these guys, their van had broken down driving out of London. So Rory got his Strat, Charlie had got his bass, and the drummer got his snare drum and some sticks, and they thought, ‘Well, we’ll throw ourselves on the bus or whatever, and whoever’s opening we can use their gear.’ So they got the train up to Darlington, and they walked in a blizzard to this gig – that was the commitment of Taste and Rory. Well, my guitar player was using a Vox AC30, which Rory was going, ‘Oh my god!’, and he was sitting there, sipping a rum and Coke I think it was, with a scarf wrapped around him. ” “I loved him so much that when Ritchie said he was leaving in 1975, the first guitar player I had on the list was Jeff Beck – who I’m still enamored with entirely. Then there was Rory – god rest his soul – and then Tommy Bolin. So, yeah, Rory, I thought would have been something, But Rory did really, really well. When he was making ‘Calling Card’ in Munich in 1976, I spent a lot of time there because that was like my second home. I’d often go down there, and there was just – books all over, on Catholicism!”
The sessions for the album began at Musicland Studios in Munich, Germany, in the summer of 1976. Roger Glover co-produced with Gallagher: it was the only time that Gallagher worked with a “name” producer. It also marked the final appearances of longtime Gallagher bandmates Rod de’Ath (drums) and Lou Martin (keyboards); Gallagher would revamp the band after the ensuing tour, retaining only his longtime bass guitarist Gerry McAvoy. Calling Card is considered one of Rory’s most diverse albums, containing Deep Purple-like hard rock (“Moonchild”, “Secret Agent”), jazz-rock (the title track, “Jack-Knife Beat”), acoustic ballads (“I’ll Admit You’re Gone”) and traditional Irish folk (“Barley and Grape Rag”) among other genres. While to many outsiders Rory was a man seriously dedicated to his muse, he had a humorous, playful side too. Roger Glover remembers his most abiding memory of that time occurred late one evening in the studio. “Rory was doing a very convincing impression of a preacher making a sermon and urging the audience to repent of their sins and come to the Lord. This went on well into the night, aided and abetted by drink and laughter. That’s what made Rory a great stage performer, his ability to entertain whatever the occasion.” A change of working environment and the presence of Roger Glover (an old friend from Gallagher/Deep Purple American tours) as producer were critical factors in the band's overall improvement. The album was cut at Musicland in Munich, where the studios are actually situated in the basement of a hotel, which facilitates a rigorous working schedule with the minimum of distractions. Deep Purple, Rainbow, Paice Ashton Lord used the studio. Bernie Marsden met David Coverdale for the first time while recording with PAL in Munich."
Garbage Man
Garbage Man

Message par Garbage Man Sam 30 Jan 2021, 22:05

Je me permets de revenir sur cette citation de David Coverdale, car il soulève quelque chose de vraiment intéressant. Il fait mention à un moment donné de la foi catholique de Rory. D'autres que lui, comme Bob Geldof l'on comparé à un prêtre. Et on retrouve à nouveau cette comparaison dans la bouche de Coverdale. Il souligne aussi le fait que pendant l'enregistrement de Calling Card, lorsqu'il rendait visite à Rory dans le studio d'enregistrement, il y avait des livres sur le catholicisme un peu partout.
Je me demande dans quelle mesure on peut retrouver la trace des ces lectures dans l'élaboration de l'album.
Et on peut se faire une réflexion plus générale sur Rory. Son code d'honneur, son intransigeance avec le music business. Et le fait qu'il n'était clairement pas en phase avec les idées de son époque. A ce sujet on peut se remémorer une anecdote raconté par Rod De'Ath pour Classic Rock peut avant son décès. Où il faisait mention d'une discussion avec Lou, Gerry et lui-même; où ils abordaient tout trois l'idée de la "réincarnation". Rory avait rejeté en bloc cette idée en la traitant même d'"hérésie".
Je crois qu'on ne saisira jamais vraiment à quelle point Rory avait une personnalité complexe. Mais ce genre de citations nous donnent une idée.
Garbage Man
Garbage Man

Message par Garbage Man Lun 14 Juin 2021, 15:21

"He was an angel - an angel. He was a fantastic, beautiful person. A wonderful human being. He was one of the most wonderful men I ever met in my life. I can say that honestly and openly. He was a gentleman as in the words gentle man [...]  He was never a man to hold grudges. He was deeply religious, deeply superstitious, and very humble, extremely humble. He was a very kind man as well" (Mark Feltham)

« Il était un ange - un ange. Il était une fantastique et belle personne. Un être humain incroyable. Il était un des plus incroyables hommes que j’ai rencontré dans ma vie. Je peux le dire honnêtement et ouvertement. C’était un gentleman dans le sens des mots « gentil homme » […] Ce n’était pas un homme qui tenait rancune. Il était profondément religieux, profondément superstitieux, et très humble, extrêmement humble. C’était aussi un homme très gentil. »
Garbage Man
Garbage Man

Message par JLo Lun 14 Juin 2021, 17:56

Garbage Man a écrit:"He was an angel - an angel. He was a fantastic, beautiful person. A wonderful human being. He was one of the most wonderful men I ever met in my life. I can say that honestly and openly. He was a gentleman as in the words gentle man [...]  He was never a man to hold grudges. He was deeply religious, deeply superstitious, and very humble, extremely humble. He was a very kind man as well" (Mark Feltham)

« Il était un ange - un ange. Il était une fantastique et belle personne. Un être humain incroyable. Il était un des plus incroyables hommes que j’ai rencontré dans ma vie. Je peux le dire honnêtement et ouvertement. C’était un gentleman dans le sens des mots « gentil homme » […] Ce n’était pas un homme qui tenait rancune. Il était profondément religieux, profondément superstitieux, et très humble, extrêmement humble. C’était aussi un homme très gentil. »
Oui c'est indéniable il transpirait la gentillesse et l'humilité !!! jap jap jap

Message par Chino Ven 23 Juil 2021, 14:57

Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par JLo Ven 23 Juil 2021, 16:26

Message par JLo Mer 18 Aoû 2021, 19:46

Message par Chino Jeu 19 Aoû 2021, 05:52

JE DIS OUI!
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par stephanooz Jeu 19 Aoû 2021, 17:43

cheers ah ouais!!!!!!!!!
stephanooz
stephanooz

Message par Garbage Man Lun 30 Aoû 2021, 07:05

Hommages à Rory - Page 19 A0931b10
Garbage Man
Garbage Man

Message par Chino Lun 30 Aoû 2021, 10:30

lol! bravo
Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par JLo Lun 30 Aoû 2021, 17:46

Laughing Laughing

Message par Garbage Man Mar 14 Juin 2022, 08:12

Il y a 27 ans disparaissait Rory Gallagher…
Garbage Man
Garbage Man

Message par JLo Mar 14 Juin 2022, 17:52

Garbage Man a écrit:Il y a 27 ans disparaissait Rory Gallagher…
rip
Hommages à Rory - Page 19 Rory79

Message par Chino Sam 18 Juin 2022, 11:28

Chino
Chino
Admin

Message par Chino Sam 18 Juin 2022, 11:32